Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: IE76056
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - CADD
Job Title : Piping Designer
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
State: North Dakota
Minimum Requirements: • Associate's degree or completion of technical trade school courses, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum eight years of design experience with AutoCAD experience developing energy, oil, gas or petrochemical industry drawings.
• Four of the eight years of experience must have been spent using AutoCAD 3D and CADWORX plant design software to develop 3D piping and equipment models.
• Proficiency in mechanical and piping 3D drafting and design of mid-level to complex designs/layouts.
• Must be able to travel to field project locations with lead designers or engineers to make field sketches, take dimensions, etc., and climb ladders, stairs and piperacks at these locations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Job Description: This position involves the development, design and drafting of 3D CAD based mechanical and piping drawings for the energy, oil, gas and petrochemical industry projects.
Successful candidate will:
• Under minimal direction of a Lead Mechanical/Piping Designer, provide advanced CADWORX plant drafting and design services by preparing and maintaining mechanical and piping drawings.
• Prepare CADWORX plant designs and estimates from general instruction and/or preliminary sketches, diagrams, or schematics.
• Prepare Line Lists, Manual Valve Lists, Drawings Lists.
• May recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.
• Produce complex technical drawings and piping isometrics.
• Prepare working drawings from conceptual layout to detailed finished product.
• Coordinate CAD projects with other discipline personnel.
• Prepare and assemble project deliverables.
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed above.