Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. Business Analyst - Digital Strategy in Bismarck, North Dakota
Requisition Number 17-0237
Title Sr. Business Analyst - Digital Strategy
Description **OPEN LOCATION W/ EAST COAST PREFERRED + 80% AVG TRAVEL**
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The Senior Business Analyst works with client stakeholders to identify and understand their needs for a software solution, whether a completely new implementation or enhancements to an existing solution. The Senior Business Analyst has a solid understanding of industry best practices in capturing & documenting business and system-level requirements. The Senior Business Analyst acts as a liaison between the business and implementation teams to ensure that the business stakeholders’ needs have been met by the solution design and that the development and quality assurance teams have an unambiguous understanding of the solution that is to be developed and tested.
A successful Senior Business Analyst has excellent written and verbal communication skills, is able to comprehend complex business and technical concepts in order to discover and articulate the requirements needed for a successful solution, knows how to apply industry best practices on a variety of project types, is able to provide guidance to less experienced business analysts & team members, helps guide the project to deliver a solution that meets business objectives, and makes adjustments as needed throughout the project to address business, technical and resource challenges.
The Senior Business Analyst can assist in pre-sales and drive projects through the entire lifecycle from strategic scope definition to requirements gathering, analysis, timeline and budget definition, implementation support, user training, acceptance testing and status reporting.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage and lead the requirements gathering process through elicitation techniques, such as stakeholder interviews & workshops.
• Ensure that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable.
• Responsible for working with key business stakeholders to understand & define stakeholder needs, business objectives, scope and manage requirements; review, evaluate and drive clarification for process and system requirements.
• Assist in adoption of a variety of a requirement management frameworks to different software development methodologies (waterfall, agile etc.) based on client needs.
• Document business requirements, functional requirements, non-functional requirements, and use cases/user stories as needed based on the requirement management framework chosen by the client.
• Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project, perform fit-gap analysis, and manage changes to requirements through effective use of change control processes and tools.
• Lead meetings, negotiate, mediate and attain consensus with cross functional teams across geographies, technology and business functions.
• Mentor and lead associate level team members and consultants in day to day functions, best practices, and customer facing consulting skills.
• Review quality assurance testing scope and assist in user acceptance testing.
• Coordinate and prepare training materials and user manuals as necessary. Design and conduct user training sessions with emphasis on the functional aspects of the implemented business requirements.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
• At least five (5) years of experience working as a business analyst
• Consulting environment experience
• Demonstrated skills in in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Other Position Requirements:
• Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills, including ability to present to all levels of the organization including technical and business stakeholders
• Experience in leading remote meetings across geographies and cross functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to assist in estimating requirements & design related work effort during pre-sales efforts.
• Demonstrated requirements foundational knowledge to contribute to developing the business unit/practice intellectual property
• Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multi task in a self-managed environment
• Three (3) or more years experience in the retail, e-Commerce, healthcare, insurance and/or finance industries
• Experience with requirement management / task management tools, e.g., JIRA, Rational Requirements Composer etc.
• Proficient in at least one of the following major software stacks: IBM WebSphere Commerce, Portal, BPM, Hybris, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Oracle
The position exists to provide technical and/or business consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites up to 80% and to interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility.