Microsoft Corporation Technical Delivery Manager in Fargo, North Dakota
We are looking for an experienced and highly dynamic leader to mentor our technical talent with a focus on US Public Sector (Federal Agencies, and/or National Security Group) in our Secure Infrastructure Domain. Preferred location is the East region of the US.
The Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) role is a critical leadership position responsible for mentoring, coaching and developing some of the highest technical talent inside Microsoft Services. You have good communication, people management and technical delivery experience.
The successful TDM's focus areas will include strong leadership, Operational Control (operating and budgeted expense), and Resource Allocation (headcount and staffing plans).
You will need to lead and motivate others, evaluate talent, have a high level of selling and customer/partner service skills and have the ability to think strategically.
• Drives customer happiness and services revenue through delivery resource development, direction and mentorship
• Drives the staffing process, teaming with the Delivery Resource Manager (DRM), to ensure proper placement of highly qualified individuals from their team on qualified engagements/contracts
• Drives and is responsible for billable utilization goals
• Hires appropriate technical and project management individuals to meet the demands of our customers
• Participates in Area/Sub resource planning processes, use insights to re-skill or adjust resource levels
• Works effectively across multiple roles to successfully achieve business goals.
• Conducts overall performance management, including mentoring, assessing resource impact, rewards, etc.
• Drives technical and professional role readiness across their team
• Recognizes and develops team members' strengths, aligned to capability needs, resulting in strong delivery results
• Consistently achieves and frequently exceeds personal and team goals from quarter to quarter
• Maintains employee/team readiness by finishing the required training and/or certifications
• Consistently handles areas of fiscal responsibility, staying within budget, and effectively staffing, and leading resources
• Generates an inclusive workgroup environment, which encourages cross-group collaboration
• Communicates vision, business direction, & workgroup core priorities
• Demonstrates excellent leadership and business impact in driving a myriad of key business initiatives
8+ years of industry or related management consulting experience.
A background that supports your leadership in a technical and services organization.
An understanding of Core Infrastructure, Datacenter, Hosting, and Identity and Security Concepts and related technologies is preferred.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance.
This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
This position may require travel, up to 15%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.