Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Telecommunications Mechanic in Grand Forks, North Dakota
Full Time / Part-Time
Up to 25%
TELECOMMUNICATIONS MECHANIC (GRFAFB-17-0706-Z):
Bowhead seeks a Telecommunications Mechanic to install and de-install equipment racks, cable trays, J-hooks, fire sleeves, patch panels, wire managers, 110 blocks, 66blocks, jacks, face plates, and other communication parts.
• Installing/uninstalling switch gear wireless access points, phones, faxes, and other communications equipment.
• Install, uninstall, remove, and all instruments, service lines, and LAN cabling associated with the job site area, including cat3, cat5, cat5e, cat6, and cat6a, multi-pair, and fiber optic, coax cabling, and speaker wire.
Position requires lifting ladders, lifting 60 lbs and working in confined spaces.
• High school diploma or equivalent PLUS four (4) years related experience OR college graduates with a Degree in Information Technology related field PLUS two (2) years related experience.
• Valid driver’s license in good standing is required. *
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in telephone installation experience including voice/non-voice communications, telephone key systems, terminal and communications equipment. Prefer technology services experience in a government technology environment.
• Certified cable splicer with fiber and/or copper, highly desired
• Close attention to detail, responsiveness, reliability, and punctuality.
• Basic level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
CLEARANCE: Must currently hold or be able to successfully obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is required for clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS) and its Bowhead family of companies are an Alaska Native Corporation owned by Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC) of Barrow, Alaska. UICGS/Bowhead provides innovative business solutions in areas such as engineering, maintenance
services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria,
VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=18054
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41