WPX Energy, Inc. Completions Foreman in Killdeer, North Dakota
WPX Energy is looking for a Completions Foreman in our Killdeer, ND office to support our growth in the basin.
- Manage Field Completions Operations: Schedule Completions activities such that new wells are completed safely, on time, and within the budgeted cost as set out by Engineering and Management. Examples of this include managing materials (i.e. water, tubing,
expendables), managing infrastructure for future operations (assessing drilling schedule to establishing routes for water pipelines and overseeing construction), coordinating Completions Operations with other departments (Engineering, Planning, Construction,
Drilling, Production, Regulatory, Accounting, Land) to ensure smooth handoff of responsibilities. Continuously search for, test, and implement new ways to improve operations, well productivity, safety, spill prevention, and costs. Address daily downhole problems
that Operations encounters. Determine new course of action in response to changing situations, consulting with Engineering and Management as needed.
- Manage Contractors/ Vendors: Review and recommend vendors based on WPX's corporate values of service quality. Manage/ coordinate contractor activity on well sites and on assigned projects. Participate in the management of vendors such that operations
are conducted in a timely, safe, cost effective basis.
- Manage Environmental and Community Impact: Manage operations to reduce/ eliminate spills. Properly report spills and investigate all reportable incidents in a timely fashion. Drive root cause analysis of all incidents. Reduce impact to the local community
by reducing truck traffic, dust, odors, noise, etc. Ensure that Completions Operations comply with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
- Improve Operations: Evaluate and introduce new technologies, tools, and processes to support operations and engineering improvements for the purpose of improving production, reducing cost, or mitigating risk. Support evaluation of new processes introduced
by Engineering. Improve cycle time, cost, and production results by continually defining, testing, and implementing solutions.
- Determine if and where new field water handling infrastructure needs to be installed to support current and future completions operations. Work with Completions Superintendent to propose a budget for necessary capital projects. Coordinate construction
of these projects.
Demonstrate experience in tasks related to drilling, completions, workovers, design and specification, production optimization, and ongoing production and maintenance activities.
Demonstrate experience in horizontal well completions including fracture stimulation, perforating, pad logistics, and wellbore remediation.
Demonstrate ability to coordinate and plan short and long-term work tasks to meet production, LOE, and capital budget goals.
Communicate with Superintendent, team members, Engineering, and members of other teams within the Asset. Ensure accurate and timely reporting of critical activities.
Communicate with landowners, other operators, and regulators as needed.
Make presentations to management as needed.
Perform other job duties as needed.
High School Diploma with a preference for post secondary education.
At least five years of experience in a role in the upstream petroleum industry.
WPX Energy Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
WPX Energy is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled