Apogee Engineering AFGSC/A3- Bomber Squadron Scheduler- Minot, AFB in Minot AFB, North Dakota
2016 SBA Prime Contractor of the Year, Region VIII
Apogee Engineering is seeking an experienced Scheduler to be located at Minot AFB in* North Dakota*. This position supports the Air Force Global Strike Command (AFGSC) Bomber Squadron and will build long and short-range shift schedules to ensure full coverage of all aircrew, instructor, evaluator, support personnel, and supervisor positions.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of federal government organizations such as the DOD, NASA, DOI, and the DOT. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Coordinating with the training officer, Squadron Aviation Resource Management (SARM), Unit Deployment Manager (UDM), and Operations Officer (DO) to arrange a schedule to facilitate operations, qualification, upgrade, test, exercise, and continuation training accomplishment to meet required currency and progression standards, in accordance with DO priorities
- Keeping track when crewmembers will be on leave, temporary duty, have scheduled medical appointments, or other scheduling commitments
- Tracking daily flight/ground/academic training requirements and accomplishments to facilitate accurate flight scheduling as directed by the DO
- Obtaining aircraft and equipment availability data from maintenance (MX) and schedule crewmembers for training, exercises, simulators, and operations, as required
- Publishing schedules for unit long/short-range ground/academic, flying, and simulator training events on PEX, or other computer database systems
- Complying with Operations Group (OG) and scheduling chiefs' locally-developed guidance when building the schedule
- Providing inputs to OSS Scheduling and update daily Supervisor of Flying (SOF) and Top 3 schedules
Correlating sortie length and airspace requirements with syllabus requirements
*What you will need to have:
Active Secret clearance or previously held Secret clearance which has expired (not revoked)
- 2+ years of experience working as a squadron aircrew scheduler.
- 2+ years of experience working with PEX or similar proprietary scheduling program.
- Intermediate-level proficiency in the use/application of Microsoft Office (MS) products
- Aircrew (Pilot or Weapon System Officer) experience highly preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disabled/veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Job Start/End Date: 01-Aug-2017 to 30-Sep-2017 (MST)
Department: Air Force
Location: Minot AFB, ND, USA
Employment Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Salary
Pay Rate: DOE