Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Senior Facilities Engineer
Position ID 50530040
# Positions 1
Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this job:
Marathon Oil is currently looking for a facilities engineer to support our ongoing project and maintenance work within Marathons Bakken asset in Western North Dakota. This person will be based out of our Dickinson North Dakota office.
The successful candidate for this job will be responsible for the design and implementation of a variety of operational support and retrofit projects on existing well sites within the Bakken. The ideal candidate should have experience performing maintenance and project work in and around live facilities. Familiarity with mechanical, electrical and process based systems will be beneficial for this job. This person should be comfortable working in both office and field based environments. A background in upstream oil and gas or the petrochemical industries would be helpful in this role.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company’s operations are located in North America, Europe and Africa.
* Sets clear HES performance expectations and ensures all Marathon Oil HES policies and procedures are understood and maintained within area of responsibility.
* Promotes a positive and constructive workplace. Interacts with other team members in a manner that will help build respect and achieve set goals. Mentors less senior members of team.
* Initiates action that will enhance the operation's safety and environmental record. Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and plans along with federal, state and local regulations.
* Perform design and planning work for a variety of projects within the asset. Examples of work include, but aren’t limited to:
* Field wide change out of emissions control devices
* Permitting and construction of salt water disposal facilities
* Instillation and field testing of VRU’s (vapor recovery units)
* Able to apply project management processes for a wide variety of projects, considered competent in the use of
* project management processes, tools, and deliverables
* Cost and schedule estimation/control and construction planning
* Regular communication/reporting to the project sponsor, project stakeholders, peers in the field operation location, and Upstream Developments
* Identify additional projects and efforts that can bring value to the asset through reduced operations costs or increased productivity.
* Able to lead an inter-disciplinary team to perform a Process Hazards Analysis (HAZOP).
* Coordinates with field engineers to create lessons learned and ensures that design meets the needs of end users.
* Gathers feedback from construction and end users to incorporate lessons learned on future projects.
* Taking lead role in documentation of any management of change efforts related to their projects.
* Trialing equipment on existing locations for future use in new facilities designs.
* Vet the designs of 3rdparty pipeline designs on various aspects of system such as pump and metering skids and pipeline design.
* Assist operations group when necessary to bring clarity and best practices to operating procedures on existing and new facilities.
* Support on process or mechanical related incident investigations and failure analysis projects related to surface facilities.
* Work to create and manage budgets associated with their projects and others from a capital and expense planning cycle perspective.
Degree Required: BS in Engineering
Major Discipline Required: Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical preferred
Years Experience Required: More than 10 years
Skills Required: Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience in Microsoft Projects and HYSY preferred
Apply for this job:
* Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
* Email this opportunity to a friend