Abbott Automation Specialist Professional Location: Bismarck, ND in Bismark, North Dakota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary Job Function
The Automation Support Professional is the primary automation account contact covering both technical support and customer experience. The position provides on-going proactive product support for assigned accounts. The customer experience aspect of this role will focus on increasing customer loyalty; securing retention; and driving value expansion at assigned accounts.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
• Provides technical Level I and Level II phone and on-site support to proactively maintain product
performance or resolve customer complaints for hardware; software; and reagent issues. Level I
is defined to a specific set of error codes that could be repaired in less than1.5 hrs. Level II support is
defined as any error code excluding Level I that would be resolved in more than 1.5 hrs.
• Performs proactive service support activities to maintain system performance. Applies standard
troubleshooting tools or concepts to identify the real issue and its root cause.
• Determines level of urgency of service support requests; develops recommendations and implement
solutions that reflect customer and Abbott business need.
• Record accurate and timely documentation of customer complaints and the action taken to resolve the
• Plan and prioritize customer visits and activities to do in each account.
• Prepare; schedule; and execute training events with customers to improve customer self-sufficiency by
developing the customer’s ability to troubleshoot/repair analyzers and increase knowledge of component
replacement and assays.
• Coordinate order; delivery and billing of products and/or services in assigned accounts. Monitor
inventory and replenish accordingly.
• Responsible for Service Contract Sales at assigned accounts.
• Partner with Enterprise Account Manager and/or Sales Executive to develop account-specific lab
strategy and execution throughout commercial cycle and participate in customer business reviews.
• Understand competitive landscape of assigned accounts or territory and leverage it to maximize
• Develop/preserve strong relationships to gain meaningful insights that will allow for value expansion
opportunities. Responsible for achieving revenue generation goals in assigned accounts.
Position Accountability / Scope
Accountable for customer satisfaction; loyalty and value expansion revenue in assigned accounts. Makes decision on parts utilization within pre-approved budget range for the role. Parts utilization decisions outside of pre-approved budget range require management approval. Accountable for on-hand trunk inventory accuracy.
Critical contribution to the effectiveness of the CAPA system with responsibility for accurate documentation of customer complaints and the actions taken to resolve those concerns
Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
2 years of relevant experience with instrumentation utilized in a laboratory environment
2 years of experience interfacing with customers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com