Butler Machinery Company CFO in Fargo, North Dakota
Butler Machinery was founded in 1955. We are a third generation family –owned company serving North and South Dakota, along with Clay County Minnesota. In addition, Butler Ag Equipment, A division of Butler Machinery, provides quality Ag products for Nebraska.
The position will involve but not be limited to the following duties:
- Works with the CEO to set both short and long term financial objectives
- Interacts with other Leaders and managers to provide consultative support thorough financial analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Responsible for all fund borrowing, investing and accounting; controlling cash; maintaining bank, external finance company relationships; handling notes, bonds, mortgages, debentures and other debt and security instruments.
- Develops and maintains financial accounting and control systems to fulfill the management and financial requirements of Butler Machinery and its divisions
- Manages company accounting function, credit, tax, risk management, legal services and facilities through the department heads or managers.
- Reviews and negotiates with insurance companies and brokers policies that assure complete coverage and protection of BMC operations and assets.
- Maintains corporate financial well-being. Supervises the establishment of financial policies, objectives, and procedures
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place including compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term financial objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related study such as Finance and/or Accounting.
- CPA or CMA certification and/or MBA advanced degree are desired.
- Must have general business, finance, tax, credit, accounting, and legal experience in a business environment.
- A minimum of 10 years progressive management and leadership experience in positions of financial and accounting responsibility.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Strong problem solving and creative skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing business plans
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions