Butler Machinery Company Heavy Equipment Lead Service Technician - Night Shift in Fargo, North Dakota
Butler Machinery is a third generation family-owned company, proudly serving our communities since 1955. Our mission is to build long term relationships with our customers, founded on trust, generating mutual growth and success.
The position will involve but not be limited to the following duties:
- Assists with scheduling work in the shop and field.
- Troubleshoots & repairs all aspects of the Caterpillar product line.
- Will be expected to charge out a large percentage of their time to revenue work orders.
- Immediately addresses any safety related issues in the shop.
- Assists with contamination control procedures to make sure proper steps are being followed.
- Assists technicians on field jobs with tooling, ordering parts and getting information to them in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean and organized work place, orderly flow through the shop.
- Handles special projects as needed/requested by Service Advisors or Service Manager.
- Assists with receiving and delivery of equipment in and out of our yard as needed.
- Keeps track of small tools, repairs needed, general condition, and assesses new tools that may be needed.
- Works closely with trainees and technicians.
- Assists in maintaining the work order process from open to close. This will include taking customer calls; trouble shooting on the phone, open work order, and assign technicians, review, and close work order after repair is completed.
- Makes final inspection on all work leaving the service department.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Develops and enhances working relationships with customers and associates.
- Understands the complete process of the service department.
- After hour’s field service, at times, may be required.
- Able to work the night shift hours of 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM.
- Other duties as assigned.
Individuals applying for this position should have:
- Technical degree in a mechanical related field or equivalent combination of business experience, training and/or education required.
- Three (3) years minimum mechanical experience with Caterpillar and/or AGCO (Ag product line) preferred.
- This experience is to include all mechanical, hydraulic & electrical system knowledge, and the troubleshooting of these systems.
- All applicants should be familiar with time requirements to perform specific jobs.
- Have a working knowledge of the on-line DBS, BMTS, and SIS systems.
- Consistently achieve set flat rates on work orders.
- Possess strong communication and listening skills, as well as strong problem solving skills.
- Leadership training preferred but not required.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Applicant must be a Service C classification or above and show the ability to work with Ag, Truck and Heavy equipment customers.
- Individual must meet driver insurability standards.
Hours: 3:00PM - 11:30PM