Microsoft Corporation Support Eng in Fargo, North Dakota
Are you interested in being on the cutting edge of Cloud Services? Are you passionate about analytics or databases? Are you customer obsessed? We have an exciting opportunity to be part of the Microsoft support team helping customers solve problems with BI or Database technologies!
The Support Engineer is a trusted advisor to IT Professionals, you will have influence over a broad range of solutions that create business value for our customers. Your technical and relationship skills are critical to the success of the customer’s perception of value of the Microsoft solution. You will have a chance to solve technically complex problems for the some of the world’s largest companies, as well as smaller companies on the leading edge of their industry.
Support Engineering at Microsoft As a Support Engineer, you will solve high level complex problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty; may include support of additional product line. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer skill.
Business Division Specific: We are looking for a self-motivated, fast learning support engineer who enjoys working in an agile environment. Must have strong customer handling skills, passion for technology and excellent troubleshooting skills. This person will be working with our existing BI, SQL Server, and database technologies.
In Microsoft Services, we help businesses around the world to accelerate the power of Microsoft products and technologies. Working with 60,000 partners worldwide on some of the largest and most complex technological challenges around, we provide technical consulting and support services to 54 million customers. Across Enterprise Services and Customer Support Services, we have a global team of 10,000 professionals in 88 countries, and we draw on the full resources of the Microsoft organization worldwide.
Benefits of working at Microsoft: Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.
Your Career: We take your career seriously at Microsoft and will ensure that we provide regular reviews throughout the year to offer continuous feedback and support to inspire you, develop your skills and ensure your personal satisfaction and growth. The Microsoft performance philosophy recognizes higher performance with bigger rewards through a formal annual performance review. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Key Responsibilities: As a Support Engineer you will represent Microsoft in customer communication via phone and email to assist customers in resolving technical issues involving Microsoft products and services. You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships and build customer loyalty in Microsoft, while effectively managing challenging situations.
It’s your chance to:
• Resolve the most challenging technical customer issues, often through collaboration with other technical product teams
• You will be a technical resource for the team regarding case reviews, troubleshooting, and effective customer interaction.
• You will have the opportunity to develop and publish content for customer self-help.
• You will interface with various levels of management within customers, Partners, and Microsoft.
• Learn and grow technical skills through completion of ongoing readiness and Platform training.
• Participate in the creation of future Microsoft support capabilities for the cloud.
• Identify and implement learnings from service investigations to improve Azure platform architecture.
• Drive continuous improvement in the Azure platform by incorporating feedback from internal/external customers
• Develop tools, scripts to automate troubleshooting activities
• Provide customer escalation analysis and leveraging data to drive further improvements in the platform, tooling improvements
• Identify and drive requirements for increased customer self-supportability
• Identify and drive implementation of customer centric mitigation levers and playbooks for Operations
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
• Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
• Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
• Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
• Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues
• Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours or on-call rotation.
• 2+ years of experience with big data and or analytics products and services or equivalent
• 2+ years in customer or technical support or consulting or end-user support.
Skills and qualifications:
• 24x7 support – potential to work at least 1 weekend day
• Four or more year’s industry experience with Microsoft Server products (preferred) • B.S. degree in C.S. or E.E. or equivalent
• Handle technically challenging customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources, communicate effectively on complex technical issues
• Strong communications skills - Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
• Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information quickly; explain customer responsibilities in resolving issue; communicate next steps and status; and inspire confidence
• Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
• Cross-team collaboration
• Logical and Critical thinking
• Coaching and mentoring others on the team
• Passion for technology and customer support
• Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing.
• Familiarity with analytics and/or databases
• Familiarity with development: tools, language, process, methods, troubleshooting
• Experience in a customer facing or customer support role
• Experience with SQL Server or an equivalent database technology
• Experience with Microsoft or Competitive Business Intelligence Products TECHNICAL TEAMS Subject Matter Expertise with one or more of these technologies is a plus, and there will be opportunity to learn and grow in these areas as well. SQL Cloud – Azure DB & SQL Server on IaaS • Database experience – SQL, Azure DB, MySQL, PostgreSQL Bigdata: HDInsight/Hadoop, Machine Learning, Azure Stream Analytics
• Open Source – Linux, Red Hat, etc
• Analytics BAP: PowerBI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow
• Power BI REST API
• .NET Framework SDK