The Tatitlek Corporation Maintenance Specialist in Williston, North Dakota
Tracking Code 3544-205 Job Description
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Perform general maintenance/service repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, cleaning, plastering, machinery upkeep, and preparing apartment(s) for occupancy. Position requires extensive work in occupied/vacant apartment units, common areas & occassionally in building office setting. Occasionally will be called in to work after normal working hours (on-call) for maintenance emergencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in all maintenance projects.
- Perform light electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
- Perform light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
- Replace broken glass, tile, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, blinds, and locks.
- May, at times, be required to paint, interior and exterior.
- Perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing floors.
- Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc., in common areas.
- Perform grounds work and snow removal as necessary.
- Repair concrete, masonry, fencing, when required.
- Perform limited extermination services when required.
- Participate in standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
- Assist with resident manager duties when instructed.
- Responsible for stock control and utilization of maintenance materials.
- Assist the resident manager in scheduling quarterly apartment inspections.
- Responsible for refurbishing of apartments prior to resident occupancy.
- Schedule/supervise vendor maintenance personnel and work order requests, adhering to maintenance priorities.
- Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishing, annual inspections, inventories, purchase orders.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturers’ recommendations and operating manuals.
- Periodically inspect all units, buildings, and common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed.
- Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate lighting in those areas is maintained.
- Have constant knowledge regarding contracts and suppliers, their services and goods.
- Assist in apartment check-in and checkout inspections.
- Set up, on-site a well organized tool and equipment room and KEEP THIS AREA CLEAN AND FREE OF CLUTTER.
- Maintain good working relations with tenants and adhere to the following guidelines.
- Be polite and neat in appearance
- Schedule all visits with tenant in advance.
- If entry was granted during tenants absence, an entry slip must be left explaining what was done and at what time.
- Do not disturb any of the tenants’ belongings.
- Clean up all debris after completing a task in an apartment.
- Furnish and maintain a full set of working tools so as to be able to adequately perform the tasks and duties outlined above.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in field or related area.
- Some type of formal training or experience in the following areas:
- Carpentry, light plumbing work, light electrical work, painting, refurbishing and cleaning, air conditioning.
- High school diploma or GED.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge regarding water and gas meter cutoffs, all apartment and fixture cutoffs, and sewer cleanouts and post map of it.
- Willingness to pitch in and work in areas other than strictly repair maintenance, i.e. janitorial, custodial, painting. etc.
- Ability and willingness to assist the Resident Manager in his/her duties when necessary.
- Knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in area(s) of specialty.
- Able to perform routine maintenance on equipment; determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Able to repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Able to determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Able to install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Able to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of apartments, houses, buildings, or other related structures.
- Personable and trustworthy.
- Ability to work with persons of all ethnic backgrounds and understand the problems of residents.
The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects. The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion. The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer). The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position. The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time. On occasion there may be a need to move or lift items up to 50 pounds. Near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; manual dexterity to operate a telephone at times; lift horizontally and vertically.
This position requires working in occupied/vacant apartment units, common areas, limited building office setting and occasional driving. There may be times that will require working out of doors in extreme heat/cold and possibly rainy weather. Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
Must have own tools. Valid Driver’s license & proof of insurance and good driving record required. Reliable transportation to/from work a necessity. As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
Native preference applies pursuant to PL93-638. The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Location Williston, North Dakota, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular